Welcome to Mosh Posh's Design Team Blog Hop. I'm stuck indoors due to the terrible Nor'easter that's parked off of Virginia's coast. Now, being stuck indoors would NORMALLY be a good thing, EXCEPT school's cancelled. So, I'm seeking shelter inside with five kids who have some serious cabin fever!
Today's a perfect day to take advantage and do some crafting. When I received Mosh Posh's November kit, the first thing I did was shuffle throught the kit's patterned papers. The Nutmeg from Cosmo Cricket is double-sided and just beautiful. I love how all of the B sides are that fabulous Cosmo Cricket woodgrain in assorted colors. In addition to November's Main Kit Carmel Apple, I also received the Spiced cider add-on. Within this add-on was the Cosmo Cricket Borders sheet. The possibilities are endless.
After perusing the papers, I looked for something I could cut up. I'm all about using my pink Cutterbees and fussy cutting. See that ca-yute pink border with the birdies? I started cutting up that bad boy to begin my Tractor page.
I used the border minus the lighter pink. I kept the clouds that were floating freely, too. I adhered the border to the top of page 2. I added the clouds with popdots. To add to the feel of the sky I hand cut clouds from the pink cardstock in the add-on. I made some bigger clouds to balance the 2-pager for page 1. I also did some hand stitching to amp up the hand spun feel...
So, I've got the border, the clouds and I knew I had to use a 4 by 6 photo of my youngest, one happy, one mad/sad. And, I also wanted to use pix of my other 4 (just smaller) on the same tractor. Sullivan just couldn't understand what the others were doing on HIS "wuck" (tractor) at the pumpkin patch.
Had to do some of my pleating. I pleated another couple of the Cosmo Cricket borders. The striped one with the alpha. To make it appear longer, I just hacked it in half and tucked one end under the top of my main photo and the other under the bottom. Next up I handcut the quote shape from a border, added a title and a few other little decorative touches. Including that hand sewn "mine" in the lower right corner. I used a bling template from Bazzill. It's supposed to be used for placing bling on alphas. I just used it as a template for stitching the letters.
Well, there you go, a little look at my process today. Be sure to visit the other girls' blogs to up your chances for the giveaway...
I may even put together a little something something giveaway if you leave me a comment. I'll draw a name at midnight.
Be back later today with some other new stuff, if Ida can give me even a little bit of sun...