Sunday, May 22, 2011

Welcome to Hidden Valley



The new house isn't quite ready for it's closeup. (We still need to fill the walls with all of the pretties, and find a home for the last couple of boxes of cr**, I mean toys). But, since I didn't want to leave you hanging for too long, I thought I'd show you a sneak peek. Yep, we just moved into the Hidden Valley commercials.

I'll give you a second to let that set in.

No, really, I'm serious. This place is THAT wonderful. I love letting the Bigs have free reign of the couple blocks surrounding our house including a park! As long as I know about it, they can play unmonitored whenever they wish. The twinnies can even ride their lowriders in the alley behind our house. The neighborhood is amazing. There are kids and dogs on every corner. You see families taking walks or riding bikes every way you turn. Little boys show up at your doorstep in matching sweater vests bearing homemade cookies with THE MOST PROPER introduction I've ever heard. Moms show up with dinner for 7 including veggies grown in their gardens!! Thump. No, really. It's totally like Mayberry 2011.

So, so easy living, I tell ya. I love that I took 4 of them for a walk to the NEX and we came home with a curling iron (for Julia's big night), a bottle of wine for Momma, and 4 packs of gum for the kiddos. A win, win situation I tell ya. My life is already easier and Donk hasn't even deployed yet!! Can I get a Woot Woot?!?

Hid out in my scraproom on Do over Mothers Day and made a few...







Be back soon with pictures from the Daddy Daughter Dance and some more fun stuff made with paper & glue.

1 comment:

  1. Are you living on base now?? I thought I read that somewhere. Your new neighborhood sounds so lovely!!! I am so glad to hear you are enjoying it!!! LOVE the new projects!!!

    ReplyDelete