Monday, September 7, 2009

The Little Engine That Could


I feel soo torn. Torn between being thrilled to have the kids back in school and being bummed to have three kids in school all day for the very first time. While I will relish in grocery shopping with only the twinnies in tow, I am going to miss having the brood all to my self every day. Next year, I could have all 5 in school and that scares the cr** out of me. Patrick left in March and I can't get over how much each of the kids have changed while he's been gone. It really does happen just too quickly. I'm a wreck.


I'll miss my days filled with watching Camp Rock and the High School Musicals. Staying up late to watch the premiere of Wizards of WP, The Movie and eating pizza and having sleepovers. Listening to Disney Radio on XM and groaning when the Hodown Showdown song plays, but singing it to myself for the rest of the day. Rocking out to Boom Boom Pow on my ipod in my bus and turning down the sound during the bad words. I'm going to miss breakfast for dinner (brinner) and Pizza Rolls at lunch (I can't rationalize making those for the twins and Me). I'm going to miss the noise and the messes and refolding the blankies used for cuddling on the couches 100's of times a day. I'm going to miss it all.


Saturday's are now Pop Warner days. We spent six hours on the field. Julia was a delight to watch on the sidelines. Can't wait til their ridiculously priced real uniforms arrive...




She has two best friends. You met the first one on my last post and here is the other. Yes, she cheers for his team! Aww....

I was even MORE tired than this...

And here's My P.J. and "his" wedge play. That's him in front carrying his team, literally...


In scrappy news, I'm anxious to dig into Mosh Posh's September kit. Stay tuned for that soon! Here's another 2-pager. Had some fun including the packaging from some Primas too. Thanks for listening. What are YOU going to miss from the summer days?



1 comment:

  1. Jenny, I already miss summer! The hot weather never really hit here. So, I missed alot of pool days. I am not much of a beach person here. Some of the lakes are alittle to mucky for me. I miss staying up late and watching Wizards of WP and all kinds of other Tween movies. Britty and I would sit up and watch movies and chat. Back to early bedtimes, and a too quiet of a house! Just one child back in school makes a world of difference. Yes, I could be you next year as well. Ben by rights could go to preschool next year... he'll be 3 this december. I am so not ready for that!!

    ReplyDelete